Many email servers refuse to accept email attachments over 10MB in size. While attachment sizes haven’t kept up with the times, there are other easy ways to send someone large files over email, including:
- Uploading files to online storage platforms such as OneDrive, Dropbox, or Box.net.
- Sending attachments in separate emails (e.g. one large file per email, rather than all files attached to a single email)
- Reducing the file size, such as by downsizing images in Word documents before saving/attaching
- Compressing files into a ZIP archive
- Using mailing list software (check out this article about using mailing list apps by our marketing partner, GO Creative, for more information).